The following applies to Windows 2000. (This is an early version of the document, used to collect the text).
1) Start/Settings/Network and Dial-up Connections:
2) Select "Connection through...". Right mouse click, and then click on Properties:
3) Note the adapter specified for RASPPPOE.
4) Click on Options:
5) Click on Security:
6) Click on Networking:
7) Click on Properties:
8) Set “Obtain an IP address automatically”, and set “Use the following DNS Server addresses” using the following addresses:
- (Specify both as required)
9) Click on Advanced:
10) Click on DNS. Specify your own DNS addresses. (These ones are for Bell Sympatico in Toronto ON):
11) Click on WINS:
12) Click on Options:
13) Click on Properties:
14) Click on OK four times (until the Properties notebook is saved and closed).